Junior Herbalist Club© – Enrolling now for September!
Suitable for children from age 7 upwards. Each month we will be learning about the medicinal uses of plants, stories, songs, growing, harvesting, and making something to take home – lavender bags, lip balms, bath bombs, lotions, potions and much more!!
The aim of JHC is to let children learn about the healing and medicinal plants all around them in a safe and supervised environment and is proudly supported by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists. https://nimh.org.uk/jhc/
- Identification of common herbs growing all around
- Safety – which herbs are safe to use and which are poisonous
- Folklore – taught through stories and songs
- How to grow and harvest herbs
- Medicinal uses of common herbs
- How to use a variety of common herbs for first aid
- How to make a variety of herbal preparations to keep and take home
- Respect for all plants and their environment
All classes run by Medical Herbalist and NIMH registered JHC leader
Places are strictly limited and as this course is very popular, early booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
There is a choice of 2 groups to join – EITHER:
Fridays 11.30am – 1.00pm commencing Friday 9th September 2022 (suitable for Home Educated children age 7+)
Saturdays 9.30am – 11.00am commencing Saturday 10th September 2022 (suitable for all children age 7+)
The club meets once a month and all sessions are held at Lytham Park View Eco Pod FY8 4JE
For more information and to book your child’s place, please contact:
Mel Hornby MNIMH
Tel: 07813 840394 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org