1 cup marshmallow root tea from dried or powdered root (1 tbsp to one cup)
1 cup sugar or honey
1 packet unflavoured gelatine
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
- Combine 1 cup of warm water with the 1 tablespoon of Marshmallow Root and let sit for 5 minutes (or as long as overnight in the fridge), Stir well and strain. Make sure that the liquid makes a whole cup.
- Pour ½ cup of marshmallow mix into the bowl and add the gelatine. Whisk slightly to incorporate and let sit.
- Pour the other ½ cup of water and the 1 cup of honey or sugar into the small saucepan. Slowly bring the water and sugar/honey mixture to a boil. If you have a kitchen thermometer, you want it to reach at least 240 degrees. If not, just keep boiling, stirring constantly for 8 minutes.
- Using a hand mixer begin to mix the marshmallow and gelatin mixture on low. Slowly start pouring the hot liquid into the bowl with the gelatin and add the vanilla extract.
- When all liquid is added, turn the mixer to high and blend for another 10-15 minutes or until it forms a stiff cream the consistency of marshmallow cream (it should form gentle peaks).
- When marshmallows are whipped, pour into the lined/greased dish and smooth evenly. Let sit at least 4 hours (overnight is better).
Store in an airtight container.